Tuesday, May 11, 2010

It's all green to me

I’m still trying to figure out which direction I want to go with this blog. I know that may not be too comforting to you if you’re reading this, but I’m trying to be upfront here.

Originally, I planned to share tips on ways to live a more eco-friendly lifestyle. Problem is, I’m still working on this myself. (I mean, sometimes I forget to take in my reusable bags when I’m shopping.)

If you’re interested in tips, though, check out www.greenissexy.org. It’s a great resource, and I think I’ve read every post.

Sure, I can share little things I find along the way (like keeping my green bags in the pocket behind the driver’s seat doesn’t always mean I’ll remember to take them with me). But overall this consists of mundane activities, such as buying shampoo and trying to make laundry detergent (which I’ll be doing soon).

What I’m getting at is that I’m going to make this blog more of a personal narrative. Don’t worry, not overly personal. But more about my personal struggle to live a “greener” life – cause it is a struggle. It’s not easy to change life-long habits.

FYI, I ended up with some Trader Joe's shampoo and conditioner at $2.99 each. It’s not labeled “organic” or “natural,” but the ingredients are primarily organic fruits – no scary stuff. That’s way more affordable than those $8 bottles of Burt’s Bees and other brands. Love you, Trader Joe’s!

No comments:

Post a Comment